Saturday, February 12, 2011

Food: The Village Tavern

The Village Tavern (The German Restaurant) ** - I pass this place every time I head to Stone Mountain.  Last week, I bought my yearly pass to Stone Mountain.  I went to hiking again today and as I was driving home, I decided, You know what, f*** it, I'm going!  Recently I had a patient who was a true foodie and recommended that I go to this place for lunch.  I arrived at 11 AM and they were only serving breakfast.  The breakfast was not anything life-changing.  It was good though.  The German apple pancake was a foot in diameter, generously loaded with Granny apples, cinnamon, whipped cream, and syrup.  Bacon was good (when is it not good?).  But the star of the show: the side of bratwurst.  Last time I had bratwurst this good was in Milwaukee, of all places.  (The bratwurst at Miller Park, home of the Brewers, was so good I ate at least five.)  I will purposely start my hikes later in the morning so I can try the lunch menu.  We may be on to something ...

No comments:

Post a Comment