Sunday, February 6, 2011

Food: Farm Burger

Farm Burger *** - The burger movement in Atlanta is absurd.  It's an observation, not a complaint.  At least I know I can find a good burger in Atlanta if I want one.  Farm Burger and Yeah! Burger are pushing the organic movement: 100% grass-fed beef.  There are already camps defending their burger choice in Atlanta.  I haven't committed to one just yet.  My take?  Yes, Farm Burger does belong in a discussion with The Vortex, Holeman & Finch, Grindhouse Burger, Yeah! Burger, and Flip Burger.  After having hiked twice up Stone Mountain, I felt like a burger was the right reward.  I went with the burger topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheddar cheese, and bacon.  My friend Jason convinced me to omit the fried egg.  Is it better than my three favorite burger places ever (The Habit in LA, Shake Shack in NY, and Louis Lunch in New Haven)?  No.  I liked the beefiness of the burger (a quality missing from fast-food chain burgers), but it could have been juicier (and I ordered mine medium).  I was underwhelmed by the toppings, especially the bacon, which was overcooked.  Compared to the Atlanta joints?  I favor it over Flip.  What about Farm Burger vs. Yeah! Burger?  Round One goes to Yeah! Burger.  The difference may not be in the quality of the beef; rather, it's in the toppings.  But it's still a damn good burger.  I can't wait to try Round Two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment