Thursday, February 24, 2011

Food: Horseradish Grill

Horseradish Grill ** - I love the setting of this place: a ranch across the street from Chastain Park.  It feels removed from Atlanta, though it's only five minutes north of Buckhead.  It's quiet, it's peaceful, it's rustic, and it has a great patio.  If the food was only on par with the setting.  Don't get me wrong, the food was good.  But I expected more given the setting.  The she crab soup was good but it reminded me of grits more so than soup.  I ordered the pulled pork barbecue sandwich, which came with pickles and onion rings.  This plate was huge.  But halfway through the sandwich, I was still trying to figure out if I liked it or not.  I did ... I think.  All I know is that I was stuffed at the end.  The restaurant was relatively empty.  The service was a bit slow for my liking.  My waiter also seemed a bit snooty; I'll attribute that to him as the rest of the staff were quite courteous.  Maybe I got the wrong meal.  Or it was an off-day.  All I know is that I was surprised to be disappointed when I left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment