Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Food: Bocado

Bocado **** - I'll cut to the chase: This is the best burger in Atlanta.  Yes, I've been to Holeman & Finch, Grindhouse, The Vortex, Farm Burger, Yeah! Burger, Flip Burger, Five Guys, and Brickstore Pub.  The Blissful Glutton, my personal source of recommended eats in the Atlanta, adores this place.  I agree.  Like Holeman & Finch, it's not a burger place, per se.  I arrived at 11 AM.  I was the first customer.  They ramped up the music: Arcade Fire's "Rebellion" followed by Bright Eyes & Gillian Welch performing "Lua."  An excellent start.  The leafy greens were fresh and delicious, laced with enough goat cheese and vinaigrette.  The fries were perfect.  Ketchup wasn't needed, but it's a bonus.  (I've noticed with the burger movement there's also been a dramatic improvement in the quality of French fries in Atlanta.)  Then the burger.  You know when you deliberately eat something slowly savoring each bite until finally you are near depressed at the last bite?  Yup, that was me eating this burger.  It reminds me of my Top 3 burgers.  It reminds me of Louis Lunch in its simplicity.  It's not as sloppy but equally as juicy as Shake Shack.  It's surprising lack of toppings reminds me of how that is completely opposite to The Habit Burger.  I may have to change my Top 3 to a Top 4.  It wasn't until halfway through the Bocado Stack that I realized there was no lettuce or tomatoes.  Only cheese, a little bit of mayo, and house-made pickles.  That's it.  The two patties are the focus and rightfully so.  I ordered mine medium well and I found it leaner and juicier than any other medium well burger I've had.  Finally, bocado in Spanish means mouthful.  Amen.  For the ambitious, there's an off menu item called The Wimpy Plate: three Bocado stacks for $25.  Yeah, I'm thinking about it ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment