Sunday, February 13, 2011

Food: Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu ** - I haven't had Peruvian food since I went to Cusco Peru in December (the name of the restaurant, not the place, in Forest Hills).  I was originally planning to check out a new Filipino restaurant on Buford Highway today but it was closed.  Machu Picchu was high up on my food queue.  Machu Picchu didn't come close to my last Peruvian experience.  No magical chicken of infinite tenderness.  No salchipapas.  I ordered the Arroz con Mariscos, a dish featuring calamari, shrimp, and oysters over rice and peppers.  The presentation was delightfully colorful.  The food was pretty good.  The seafood was a bit overcooked and rubbery.  Also, I question the freshness of the seafood.  But that's not specific to this restaurant; after having recently visited and Charleston and St. Lucia, that's an issue for most places in Atlanta in general.  I like the idea of a Peruvian place in Atlanta.  Many of the people in the restaurant today were Peruvian and it was clearly not their first time in there.  I'll have to try a non-seafood item next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment