Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Food: Room at Twelve

Room at Twelve *** - After a recent sub-par experience at One Midtown Kitchen, Room at Twelve puts Concentric Restaurants back on track.  I was here for a work-related event, so admittedly I wasn't 100% attentive to the food.  But considering our last meeting was at One Midtown Kitchen and the food was memorable in a negative way, Room at Twelve did its job.  Room is a nice concept restaurant and immediately differs from the loud stuffiness of One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks, and Parish because it was, well, roomy.  For a group of about twenty, the restaurant easily accommodated us and the service was prompt and courteous, from being seated to the most difficult part of a group dinner, paying the bill.  The menu was bursting with wonderful sounding dishes.  The broccoli soup had a bite, which caught me off guard, but was otherwise very good.  The calamari was delicious too.  I went with the Atlantic Salmon with a celery root puree, green beans, and pomegranate reduction.  This was fantastic salmon and makes me wonder why I don't eat enough of it.  Speaking of which, I wish my entree was just a bit larger in portion.  (Several of my colleagues had the same reaction of "Yum!" but "I want more!").  It's sad that I hadn't ventured here yet since it's so close to work.  I wonder what the lunch is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment