Saturday, February 5, 2011

Food: One Midtown Kitchen

One Midtown Kitchen ** - I've been here several times.  When it has been memorable, it has been due to the company, not the food (Thank you, Dr. Malebranche and the rest of my Grady wards team when I was a third-year resident) or service.  I went again, with work colleagues, and I must say, the food really wasn't that great.  The ambiance is great.  Fantastic even.  But then it stops short.  Service is okay.  I was refused a drink menu, which has never happened to me before, and then I realized I was served by someone without people skills, to say the least.  As for the food?  The salt load in each and every dish was incredulous.  It's as if it's heaped onto every dish and that would make the dish go from good to great.  I joked to my peers that there was enough salt in our dishes to have thwarted the ice blizzard earlier this year in Atlanta.  Will I be back?  I'm not so sure ... Two Urban Licks and Murphy's are more consistently great and are probably the best of the Concentric Restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment