Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Food: Yakitori Jinbei

Yakitori Jinbei **** - I've had a craving for ramen ever since I ate at Ippudo in Manhattan a few weeks ago.  It didn't take too much online research to find that the ramen scene isn't exactly bustling in Atlanta.  However, one name came up consistently in reviews and on blogs and it was this place.  I went for lunch today.  It specializes in yakitori.  Sadly, it's only served for dinner.  But I had one thing in mind: tonkotsu (pork) ramen.  It was the must-have dish for lunch on these reviews and blogs.  Delicious!  The temperature, consistency of the soup, the noodles, the pork (Oh, the pork was yummy!), and seaweed: excellent.  Plus salad and rice for $10?  A win all-around.  Better than Ippudo?  Well ... I wish there was an egg in there.  I wish there was a little more pork (Oh, the pork was yummy!).  Plus, the ambiance: Ippudo is right near Union Square and my brother, sister-in-law, and I waited two hours (it was worth it) to even get seated; Yakitori Jinbei is in a strip mall in Smyrna.  That being said, and without even having had the yakitori, this place gets **** from me based on the ramen alone.  I'll be back, several times probably, before winter's end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment