Monday, January 10, 2011

Food: Nava

Nava *** - A delicious, upscale version of Agave.  Upscale but not intimidating.  I went with a large party, for my friend David's birthday in fact, and it was a great setting for it.  In fact, it was friendlier and cozier than the typical Buckhead restaurant.  Now I haven't been let down by any of the restaurants in the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group.  Nava didn't disappoint.  It was nearly impossible to hone in on one dish to order since every item on the menu looked delicious.  Service was friendly and prompt.  Our waiter was particularly enthused when we asked for his favorite wines or dishes.  I enjoyed the mango salsa.  I enjoyed the Skirt Steak Mojo i.e. the Argentinian Chimichurri.  It was an enormous portion.  Not the best steak I've had; part of the problem was it was a tad overcooked for the medium I ordered.  But I had no problem wolfing most of it down.  The orders varied from person to person, and everyone was content.  But what mattered was that the setting was conducive for a fun birthday evening.  I'm hoping to try lunch there in the near future.  I really am a big fan of the Buckhead Life Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment