Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Food: Ormsby's

Orsmby's **** - This is a prime example of how my rating scale isn't like Zagat.  Met up with the guys.  You walk in and it took only about five minutes to realize that this may be a joint with the most attractive staff in Atlanta (Flip Burger also comes to mind).  Then you notice the other things: the downstairs with the bars, pool tables, table hockey, dart boards, and count'em three bocce ball courts!  My friend Jordan and I were consumed in a 30 minute game of darts, including a game of cricket that we learned on the spot.  (Thanks Wikipedia!)  Great social atmosphere, reminds me of a lot of hang out spots during my college and medical school days in Boston.  As for the food?  Well, my New England clam chowder was clearly not New England clam chowder.  But the inordinate amount of bacon helped counteract it's overall bland taste and soupiness.  The fish and chips were delicious though!  The fish were potato-sized and they put four on my dish!  A light but dense meal.  The beer list was impressive (though I didn't order any), but my friend Ed's beer needed to be served in two separate glasses.  Not too shabby.  The price?  Very fair.  Would I come back just for the food?  Probably.  But when you factor in the coolness of the place, the atmosphere, and all the games?  Yeah, I'll definitely be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment