Saturday, December 25, 2010

List: Top Foods 2010

I love to eat!  Big fat surprise!  To those who know me well, I'm sure my metabolism will catch up to me one day.  My brother Joel was telling me how he was thinking about his favorite foods consumed this year, which naturally, got me thinking of the yummy things I've come across.  It's hard for me to choose; there really isn't much I don't like, unless it challenges my ability to survive (I'm talking to you, nuts and peanuts!).  What about great things I've known about for years that I've had again this year (i.e. beignets at Cafe du Monde)?  I mean, it's like those beautiful people lists, when the next year past people disappear and new people appear: did those once attractive people suddenly become ugly or did those new people suddenly become hot?  What were we talking about?  Ah yes, without further ado, the list.  Ten seems like a good number.

TOP 10 FAVORITE THINGS I'VE EATEN IN 2010
  • 10. Midnight Train (chicken & waffles) at Gladys Knight's, Atlanta, GA
  • 09. Cheesesteak at Primanti Brothers, Pittsburgh, PA
  • 08. Chicken adobo at the Asian Market in Pike Place, Seattle, WA
  • 07. Barbecue sausage at The Salt Lick, Austin, TX
  • 06. Belly lox & cream cheese bagel, Russ & Daughters, New York, NY
  • 05. Roast beef sandwich at Tommy DiNic's, Philadelphia, PA
  • 04. Bacon and avocado burger at The Habit, Los Angeles, CA
  • 03. Brisket sandwich at Oklahoma Joe's, Kansas City, MO
  • 02. Pastrami sandwich at Katz's Deli, New York, NY
  • 01. Brisket and short ribs, Arthur Bryant's, Kansas City, MO

I do need to make an honorable mention to the chicken at Cuzco Peru in Forest Hills, NY, that was a tough one to leave off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment