Friday, December 31, 2010

Cheers!

It's the final day of 2010, and here's a toast - a challenge, if you will ...

Cheers to the music!  It'll be hard to beat the likes of what I saw this year, but I have my eye on Coachella, New Orleans Jazzfest, and Lollapalooza (Kelli, you reading along?) in 2011.  I already have my tickets for ACL and Voodoofest!  Cheers to all my music buddies, friends I know and strangers I've met and will continue to meet along the way.  Those strangers at Voodoofest, thanks for making that one of my best birthdays to date!

To athletes getting paid for me to watch them do what I can't do.  To Opening Day at Turner Field; Hank Aaron throwing the first pitch to Jason Heyward and Jason Heyward smacking a HR in first MLB at-bat.  To my first soccer match.  To the Hall of Fames I saw and the rest I need to see.  To my first golf tournament.  To road trips!  A renewed quest to see all the MLB stadiums.  A renewed quest to visit all those I promised to visit.  To skylines and to nature.  My list of things to do for 2011 keeps growing ...

Ahhh, the good eats and drinks of the year!  To friends' BBQs and Guys Nights Out over the past year.  To the wineries at the Biltmore or in North Georgia.  To an appetite that's taken me, specifically, to Seattle, to Kansas City, to New York, to Philadelphia, to Boston, to New Orleans, to LA.  To old favorite places; to new places I've discovered and I hope to discover in 2011.  To Adam Richman, and my hope that his coronaries are some of the strongest in the nation.  Charleston and some low-country cuisine is up next in 2011!

To all my friends and family!  To my peers in residency: we survived three years and graduated and even passed the boards.  To everyone moving onto their next phase in their careers and their continued success.  Congratulations to those newly married or with new additions to their families.  To my peers from college and medical school who have put up with my poor contact throughout residency.  To an overdue reunion in NYC and Boston.  To new friends I've met here and across the states.  To old friends with whom I've reconnected and to our adventures ahead.  Hawaii anyone?  To best friends who time and time again prove why they are my best friends.  To my Grandma, who will never be forgotten.  To my brothers, who beat me up mentally, providing me with incredible and incredibly smart and funny role models.  To my parents for pushing me every single day of my life.  To my parents once more for finally visiting Atlanta!  To everyone I've seen this past year.  Everyone genuinely looks happier than I can remember and I'm grateful for that. 

To everyone, and I mean everyone, a Safe and Happy and Healthy and Productive and Enjoyable 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment