Sunday, December 26, 2010

An Ode to Beignets


This is a picture of Spoon, from an issue of Spin earlier this year.  There are several reasons why this picture rocks.  First, it's Spoon and they rock.  Second, they're in New Orleans.  How do I know this?  That leads to reason three: they're sitting exactly where I sat when I was chomping down Cafe du Monde beignets the morning after my birthday at Voodoofest featuring Muse, Metric, and news of passing the ABIM exam.  Literally, sitting in the same exact spot.  They're staring into Jackson Square, probably wondering if there is no greater thing than beignets.  Not pictured is a huge powder pile on the ground.  I know I left one.  Really the only lingering question I have every time I see this photo is, Where can one grab beignets, good beignets, outside of NOLA?

No comments:

Post a Comment