Thursday, March 24, 2011

Food: Aria

Aria *** - Maybe I had set my standards too high.  After fantastic experiences at MF Sushibar, MF Buckhead, and Kyma.  Aria has the reputation as one of Atlanta's best restaurant, typically mentioned after Bacchanalia.  I certainly had a great time.  The staff were incredibly attentive and friendly, and seemed genuinely happy working there.  Very modern decor in the entryway and bar (with incredibly dim lighting), but suddenly mutated into high-brow chic, bright, and white once you entered into the dining area.  We might have been the youngest ones there.  Bread was divine.  The appetizers were divine: both the porcini mushroom ravioli (the portion was generous enough to be an entree) and the warm Maine lobster tail with broccoli and black truffle potatoes (served in a Martini glass).  The farm-raised duck was served with savoy cabbage, apple, and bacon.  Note the key words: duck and bacon.  The duck was as good as advertised.  The lemon sole with artichokes and grapes was good, not great.  Since the lobster was excellent, I figure it was either the preparation or that sole isn't my fish of choice.  Great place, yes.  Blown away?  Not quite.  Would I come back?  Yes.  In fact, I'm excited about the idea of coming back.  I think I'll stay away from the seafood for the entrees. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment