Saturday, May 28, 2011

FC Barcelona Defeats Manchester United

Sometimes you have to prioritize.  Despite having to work today, I managed to see my patients, sneak in a haircut, pay some pills, return to work, teach my intern about nephritic and nephrotic syndromes, eat lunch, and leave by noon.  Did laundry.  Started packing for Key West.  Why?  Hell if I'm gonna miss watching the UEFA Champions League final!  

A few years ago, I remember watching Tiger and Federer in the their prime.  But watching Barcelona and Lionel Messi now is even more impressive.  Joel and I texted back numerous times during the game.  It was close after the first half.  But in the end, it was classic Barcelona.  Pedro, Messi, and Villa score.  Messi was Man of the Match.  Talk about prime-time.  I'll be wearing my Messi jersey to work tomorrow.

What did I do after the game?  Rewatched the highlights; God bless DVR.  Joel told me he took a post-game nap.  I ate a post-game bacon cheeseburger at Grindhouse, a pretty good burger joint dangerously close to my apartment.  I started reading Edward Abbey's Desert Solitaire and already it brings me back to the wonderful Arches. 

I look forward to next futbol season.  I approve of the new black away kits for FC Barcelona. 

Barca, Barca, Barca!!!

1 comment: